06 September 2010

STUCK

Is this life?

A semblance of one, perhaps...but these days even that seems like a stretch. The phrase "going through the motions" has never resonated so strongly with me in all my (almost) four decades.

I want
  • to wake up refreshed instead of exhausted
  • to smile at the thought of a new day ahead
  • to remember dreams, rather than nightmares, from the night before
  • to make plans for the future that might actually happen
  • to feel I'm growing and making progress, not regressing and fading away
  • to know that my love and I are safe and free
That's all I want. And it seems totally impossible to achieve.

1 comment:

Mira said...

I'm sorry you're stuck too. In different ways than I, perhaps, but stuck all the same. Life seems to be in limbo until we can get unstuck. It's hard to move forward when there's a brick wall in your face. I hope to read more from you though. I have decided that writing is my key to getting unstuck. It is my creative outlet and maybe if my writing gets unstuck my life will too. Perhaps you should join me?

best hopes for you